As the weather gets colder around the holidays and we enter the winter seasons plant based comfort foods are a must! Healthy vegan options are not inaccessible and can be very simple to make with easy delicious recipes. Try the Vegan Bean & Veggie Chili to heat you up during this holiday season.
Vegan Bean & Veggie Chili
1.Find a large pot and gather the the following ingredients:
2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 can black beans
1 can chick peas
1 can sweet corn (org)
2 green, 1 yellow 1 orange bell pepper
(All organic btw)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp White and black pepper
1tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp agave
Sea salt and/or cayenne pepper to taste
About 1 cup dry uncooked brown rice
1/4 cup TVP if extra protein is desired
- Boil two cups of water and the 1.5 cups of rice in small pot. Next, heat up the crushed tomatoes. Once the rice is soft. Addthe rice and tomato paste into your stock pot.
- Dice your bell peppers (I used a Vitamix on the lowest setting to quickly dice mine) and add into pot.
- Add garlic, spices, agave, beans, corn and let cook on medium heat until boiling with a covered lid. Watch pot so chili doesn’t boil over!
- Add water if you want a thinner consistency or 2-4 tablespoons of coconut flour if you wish for a thicker heavier consistency.
- Top with sliced avocado, nutritional yeast or homemade vegan cornbread if desired! Enjoy!